THE 1079 MIDAS MARATHON OF HITS
107-9 Kool Gold encourages you to get out and VOTE!… for your Top 3 songs at any Midas location and qualify to win a Vacations Hawaii Vegas Getaway for Two!
Winner flies to Vegas on Vacations Hawaii’s wide body 767 jet and stays at the California Hotel for 4 or 5 nights!
There are 107 prizes in all, including Midas Oil changes & more! Download your Midas Marathon of Hits ballot here… fill it out, then drop it off at any Midas Hawaii location listed below to qualify for the Vegas getaway!
Web voting entries qualify for all prizes except the Vegas Getaway.
Official Contest Rules
1. The “MIDAS MARATHON OF HITS LAS VEGAS FLYAWAY CONTEST” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, twenty-one (21) years of age or older who is a Hawaii resident or an active member of the military stationed in Hawaii with a valid driver’s license or Military ID, and has not won a contest from Radio Station in the last thirty (30) days valued at over Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) (“Contestant”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Hawaii, Inc., licensee of KKOL-FM (“Radio Station”), Vacations Hawaii, Midas Hawaii, Papa Johns, Mulvadi Coffee, Jungle River Mini Golf, their parent companies, their parents’ affiliated companies, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner and one hundred seven (107) Kool Prize winners. The Contest will run from Monday, July 21, 2014 through Saturday, August 9, 2014. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest, Method (A) and Method (B), and Contestants may enter the Contest both ways. To enter the Contest via Method (A), Contestants must be present and submit one (1) entry form in an Enter-To-Win box that will be onsite at the designated Midas locations listed below during regular business hours from July 21, 2014 through August 9, 2014. Contestants may enter the Contest via Method (A) at as many of the below Midas locations as Contestant chooses; however, Contestants may only submit a total of one (1) entry form at each location. All entries submitted using Method (A) will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. If Contestant does not win the Grand Prize, Contestant entering via Method (A) will be eligible to win one (1) of the Kool Prizes. To enter the Contest via Method (B), Contestants can submit an entry form online at 1079koolgold.com from July 21, 2014 through August 9, 2014. Contestants may only submit one (1) entry form via Method (B). There can only be one (1) Contest winner per household per entry method. The Grand Prize is only offered to Contestants entering the Contest via Method (A). Once the Grand Prize winner is selected, the Kool Prize winners will be selected from among all remaining entries submitting from Contestants using both Method (A) and Method (B).
Method (A) – Enter-To-Win Boxes: There will be a total of seven (7) Enter-To-Win boxes set up at the below locations from July 21, 2014 through August 9, 2014. Entry ballots are available during regular business hours at the Midas locations below or Contestants can print out the ballot from www.1079koolgold.com and place it in one of the Enter-To-Win boxes at the following locations:
i. Seven (7) Enter-To-Win boxes will be set up, one each at the following Midas Hawaii locations: (1) 94-709 Farrington Hwy, Waipahu; (2) 1335 S. Beretania St. Honolulu; (3) 1415 Dillingham Blvd., Honolulu; (4) 3051 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu; (5) 174 Hamakua Dr. Kailua; (6) 98-1234 Kaahumanu St, Pearl City; and (7) 25 N. Kamehameha Hwy, Wahiawa;
3. There is one (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all eligible entries submitted via Method (A) from Monday, July 21, 2014 through Saturday, August 9, 2014. The Grand Prize includes: (i) round trip air transportation for two to Las Vegas’ McCarran Airport from Honolulu International Airport on Omni Airlines; (ii) round trip ground transportation for two in Las Vegas to and from McCarran Airport and the California Hotel & Casino; (iii) Lodging for either 4 nights or 5 nights provided at the California Hotel & Casino, depending on the availability of the flight plan chosen by Grand Prize winner; and (iv) three (3) daily meal coupons for two (2) (“Grand Prize”), with an approximate retail value of $1,300. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all taxes, fees, gratuities and all other expenses in Las Vegas and for transportation to Honolulu International Airport. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Grand Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
4. There are one hundred seven (107) Kool Prizes. Once the Grand Prize winner is selected, the Kool Prize winners will be selected from among all remaining entries submitting from Contestants using both Method (A) and Method (B). The Kool Prize winners will be awarded one (1) of the one hundred seven (107) Kool Prizes (“Kool Prize(s)”) from the list below. Radio Station will determine which of the following Kool Prizes each winner will receive:
-Thirty (30) one pound bags of Mulvadi Coffee ($20 dollar value);
-Thirty (30) twenty-five dollar ($25) gift certificates to Jungle River Mini Golf;
-Twenty-Two (22) Midas Oil Changes ($39.95 value);
-Twenty (20) Papa John’s Hawaii Gift Cards ($25.99 value); and
-Five (5) Kool Gold T-Shirts ($20.00 value).
5. All winners’ names will be announced during the 107.9 Midas Marathon of Hits Countdown on the Radio Station broadcast from 8 a.m. on Saturday, August 29 through Monday, September 1. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on Monday, September 1, 2014 just before the unveiling of Song number 1 on the Marathon of Hits Countdown on the Radio Station.
6. Each winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within seven (7) days of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prize will be awarded with a prize letter within approximately one (1) week after all required proof and documentation is received. Grand Prize winners have until September 1, 2015 to complete their trip by redeeming the prize letter through Vacations Hawaii at 808.591.4777. Trips are booked on a first come, first served basis and are dependent upon availability.
7. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, Midas Hawaii, Vacations Hawaii, Boyd Gaming, their parent company and their parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
8. To find out the winners’ of the Contest, send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org or look for the winners names posted on the Radio Station website once the names have become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.