Official Contest Rules
1. The “VEGAS TRIP A DAY IN THE MONTH OF MAY” Contest (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, twenty-one (21) years of age or older, who is a Hawaii resident or an active member of the military stationed in Hawaii with a valid driver’s license or Military ID, and who has not won a Radio Station contest in the last thirty (30) days valued at over Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Hawaii, Inc., licensee of KKOL-FM (“Radio Station”), Vacations Hawaii, their parent companies, their parents’ affiliated companies, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. The Contest will run from Monday, May 5, 2014 through Friday, May 30, 2014. Winners will either win one (1) of the Consolation Prizes or a Grand Prize (each described below) at the time of calling in. The determination of whether a winner wins a Grand Prize or a Consolation Prize is determined by Radio Station prior to the winner being selected. There will be a total of twenty (20) Grand Prize winners and thirty-two (32) Consolation Prize winners selected on-air for KKOL with one daily Grand Prize winner each weekday. From Monday, May 5, 2014 through Friday, May 30, 2014, the one hundred seventh (107th) person to call in at 808.296.1079 when the “Cue-to-Call” announcement is made on-air on KKOL will become a winner. The “Cue-to-Call” will air two (2) times between 7:00 am to 9:00 am HST and two (2) times between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm HST each weekday during the Contest, or until a Grand Prize winner has been selected for that day. The winner will be notified at the time they call in that they have won a prize. The winner will then “open” the “107.9 Kool Gold Prize Vault” which will be metaphorically represented by sound effects. An announcer voice will inform the winner about the prize awarded, which will either be one (1) of the Consolation Prizes or a Grand Prize. Once a Grand Prize winner is selected for any given day, there will be no further Cue-to-Calls aired or Consolation Prize winners for that particular day. Prizes are pre-determined by Radio Station. Only one (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded per household for the duration of the contest.
3. Each Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within seven (7) days of notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. The prizes will be awarded through a prize letter within approximately two (2) days after all required proof and documentation is received. Grand Prize winners have until May 30, 2015 to complete their trip by redeeming the prize letter through Vacations Hawaii at 808.591.4777. Trips are booked on a first come, first served basis and are dependent upon availability.
4. There will be thirty-two (32) Consolation Prizes awarded. The Consolation Prizes are as follows: (i) sixteen (16) Kool Gold T-Shirts, each with an approximate retail value of $26; (ii) eight (8) vouchers for a three (3) topping or specialty pizza from Papa Johns, each with an approximate retail value of $25.99; and (iii) eight (8) pairs of movie tickets to Regal Cinemas, with an approximate retail value of $24 per pair (collectively, “Consolation Prizes”).
5. There will be twenty (20) Grand Prizes awarded. The Grand Prize includes the following: (i) round trip air transportation for two (2) to Las Vegas’ McCarran Airport from Honolulu International Airport on Omni Airlines; (ii) round trip ground transportation for two (2) to and from McCarran Airport and the California Hotel & Casino; (iii) lodging for either four (4) or five (5) nights at the California Hotel & Casino, depending on the availability of the flight plan chosen by Grand Prize winner; and (iv) three (3) daily meal coupons for two (2) redeemable at the California Hotel & Casino and select other affiliated hotels (“Grand Prize”), with an approximate retail value of $1,750. Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all taxes, fees, gratuities and all other expenses in Las Vegas. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Grand Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, Vacations Hawaii, Boyd Gaming, their parent company and their parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
7. To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org or look for the winner's name posted on Radio Station website, once the name has become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.